Unity in Diversity
GILC is a weekend long conference for international, study abroad, and students with a general international focus from institutions of higher education to come together in one place to share ideas, network, and above all, develop their leadership qualities. GILC is open to all institutions of higher education in the state of Georgia and opens to surrounding states after the priority registration. Come be a part of the tradition!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Building on the success from the past years, the goals of the conference are as follow:
- Promote international understanding and global awareness on Georgia's college campuses
- Challenge students in their concepts of selves as leaders in global stewardship
- Recognize and understand the responsibility all countries share in preserving our planet
- TO HAVE FUN!
Learning Outcomes for GILC:
- Develop critical and reflective thinking abilities
- Exhibit responsible decision-making and personal accountability
- Appreciate creative expression and aesthetics
- Exhibit the ability to work effectively with those different from themselves
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics and effective teamwork
- Develop a range of leadership skills and abilities such as effectively leading change, resolving conflict, and motivating others